Saturday, April 12, 2008

Roads Less Travelled

Things don't always turn out how we expect them to.

So I got into EHP. . . . .

Yeah, I know.

But I got in for the fall class, something I never even considered a possibility until about a couple days before I got the notice.

I am not yet prepared.

There is so much to do, to think about, to consider before I leave. I have an internship in Massachusetts over the summer with a packaging design company. A well-paying internship, which is something I am desperately in need of as I have suddenly found myself pretty much broke for most of the month.

"Three months," I told them. Well now if I go to Italy that time will be cut down to less than 2 months. I haven't told the company yet.

I was supposed to have a meeting with them last week, but then they had to cancel it at the last minute. So again, I was supposed to have a meeting with them on Friday, but yet again they had to cancel at the last minute. So I'll try to go on Monday, because I'm seriously running out of options and come finals, I won't have any more time to be doing this.
I also need to find a place to live for two months, as close to work as I can get seeing as how I don't have a car to drive.

I never even saw this coming.
When I read my acceptance letter you never would have been able to tell what it said by the look on my face.
Open and ready for whatever fate was to befall me, my first thought was plainly, "OK....What do I do now?" The decisions I had to make were just one more burden to bear.

I set to the task of calling those people who have followed along with me on this journey, unsure as to whether I was delivering good news or bad news. Perhaps it was news of no real meaning or conclusions at the time, but significant news none-the-less.
As of yet I am going about as if I am definitely going.
Why should I not be? This is the opportunity of a lifetime, and I would be remiss not to take part. Plus, I can't even imagine telling them that I am turning it down, that I don't want to go live in Italy this year. I might not have a place to live when I come back to school in January, but I do believe that everything will work itself out in due time.

I go where the wind takes me. Not really knowing where it will blow next, but still assured that my final destination will be exactly where I am meant to be, and that I can do many good works along the way. Of course I still worry about how I will live and such things, but I am learning.

Learning to trust God for all that I need.
It's amazing, how thus far everything that I have worried about, prayed about, asked for, has been provided for me, often in really unexpected ways. I often find it hard to pray for my own concerns, since there are so many people in the world in greater need than I, but I have been praying for guidance and reassurance in my plans for the summer, before EHP was even on the horizons. Maybe this is my answer. Sometimes it's hard to recognize where God is leading us. Our own wants and emotions get muddled up in the message, but this is the path that has been set before me. So I must go and follow it to the very end. Who knows? Maybe this could be even better than I ever could have imagined, or maybe it could fail. One thing is for sure, I will certainly learn a lot about the world and about myself along the journey.

No comments: