Thursday, April 24, 2008

Spring has Sprung

Spring has sprung! last weekend was beautiful! I got to finally spend some time lying in the sun, got a little bit of a tan. It was needed greatly. The flowers are also beautiful!. Daffodils, Lilies, Tulips, even the trees are blooming! The Dogwood trees have lots of while star-shaped flowers all over them, while the cherry blossoms are pink, I have even seen some yellow and purple trees around Prov. I don't know what kind it is, but there is a tree outside my house that has very large rose-like blossoms all over it. No leaves, just flowers. I can finally go outside in shorts and a t-shirt and not be extremely cold. The return of good weather has also meant the
return of the mounted police. I think they are around during the winter, just not as active. I love seeing these massive horses trotting down busy streets all around the downtown area. It reminds me of olden-days, not that I was alive during olden days, haha, but think I would like to go back there anyways.

There is a white swan that likes to swim along the canal. Also to be seen in the canal is the Brown crew team, apparently they are the best in the country, though they don't look like their going THAT fast. There is a man who, dressed in a business suite and carrying a breifcase, rollerblades down the sidewalk in front of my window on his way to work every day. It's a joy to see that. Finals are coming up, though it doesn't really feel like it yet, wish me luck with that. I dont want this year to end. It means that a bunch of very loved friends are graduating and moving away. I truly hope that we will never lose touch, because I will miss them all very much.

Happy Birthday Sarah!
~Rachael

No comments: