Wednesday, May 21, 2008

farewell

The end is coming near, the year is drawing to a close. People are leaving or have already left. Tonight was the last RISD Christian Body meeting of the year, and it was rather bittersweet. Worship and glorifying God is always a joyous occasion, but when you must say goodbye to loved ones who are graduating and moving far away, and I know that it will be 7 months until I myself can come again into this wonderful community, I can’t help but be really sad about it. I love these people. They are my brothers and sisters, best friends and support systems. You can feel the love of God pouring fourth amoungst them and through them. For those who are leaving, they will not be lost and certainly never forgotten. They will live forever in my heart and in my prayers. I am grateful for those who have decided to stay in Providence after graduation, happy that I will see them again next winter. For those traveling far and wide, I shall miss them dearly, but I must remember that this is not goodbye. I will see them again someday, and I must hold fast to that belief. In the meantime, I know that they will go on to do great and wonderful things, they will make a difference in the world and they will continue to touch people's hearts and people lives as they have touched mine. For all of this I am incredibly thankful.


miss you,
Rachael

written on May 20th

No comments: