Thursday, July 31, 2008

I wish i had photos for this one

Ok, so my wireless access here is very limited, which is why I'm having such a difficult time uploading pictures and stuff that I take.

I've been meaning to write a whole lot more but I've found it difficult to find a time where I want to be just sitting inside writing, when I could be outside exploring all the magical wonders of this place.

Oddly enough, Rome feels more like home than providence did, Except for all the ancient buildings, of course. Same climate. similar vegetation (I had no idea they had palm trees here!). and of course, a very similar sense of language barrier, especially since Italian and Spanish are quite similar.

I am doing fantastic, so no worries. I start Italian classes on Monday and art history classes on Tuesday, and I haven't even begun to think about working on my project that I'm planning to do, which has changed a bit but is still the same sort of audience, but that will all come in time.

Italy has a much different pace than the US. Everyone seems much more relaxed here. they have more patience (except when it come to driving) and they put their own happiness and their family before work. It seems that because of this, Italians are just much happier overall.

It's nice to lead a very simple life, all this technology and consumerism today just makes things a heck of alot more complicated and really adds very little to ones own quality of life. Encase I haven't told you yet, my new goal is to learn how to play the banjo. I just need to find one first. So far, I have had zero luck finding one in Italy, not that I've actually looked that hard, or even expect to find one here, but wouldn't it be cool if I did?

No comments: