Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Little Blue Bird

So I was inspired by some of the poetry that I heard during RCB's performance night, so I decided to try to write some myself, though I'm not very good. Pretty much the only thing I know about writing poetry is trying to make words rhyme, so this is going to be quite juvenile compared to what *you* can do, but oh well, I tried. So this is dedicated to *you.* Thanks for the encouragement.

My Little Blue Bird
I turn the corner, and there you are.
You seem so close, but way too far.
You see so far little blue bird,
Your focus is so clear.
Do you even realize that I am standing near?

My happy little blue bird,
Your colors shine so bright.
Go show them to the world,
And the world shall treat you right

Don't worry little blue bird
Your time is not yet near
One day you will be gone from me,
But you should not have fear.
And If you would come back one day,
I shall be waiting here.

Now go into the wilderness my blue bird.
Explore with all your might.
If you ever lose your way,
God will be your guiding light.
And if you would come back one day
I shall greet you with delight.

I love my little blue bird
I fear it loves me back.
For I may never have this blue bird
And a little bird, I lack.








No comments: